5 Ways to Shake Up Your Bedroom
1. Paint the walls. Or maybe just one as an accent. Go with a really bold hue for impact, or go with something soothing to create a more relaxing space. Painting offers one of the biggest bangs for your buck, and when you’re ready for something new just cover it up and start over again.
2. Hang some new art. Go oversized and replace your headboard. Consider a themed gallery wall. Or play with offsetting one smaller piece for some quirky flair. Whatever your preference, some fresh eye candy is sure to make your bedroom feel updated and ready for the new year.
3. Bring in some plants. Add some hearty, oversized greenery behind the headboard or create a small tabled jungle in front of the window. Not only will a few plants add some great color during the dreary months, they’ll also help clean the air.
4. Use a rug as your headboard. Textile art is having a huge moment right now, so if you want to ride the trend train consider this tip. Grab your favorite style of rug and attach it to the wall above your bed in place of a headboard, it will bring some texture into an unexpected area of your room. And when you’re ready to change things up yet again, you can simply place it back in its intended space – on the floor.
5. Layer rugs. If you’re feeling especially eclectic or boho – or maybe your floors are just extra cold this winter – layer floor rugs on top of one another for a slightly overlapping look. Mix texture, color, and pattern to create the perfect look for your space.
1. Loloi Rugs Anzio 2. Jaipur Rugs Coastal Shores Cape Cod 3. Safavieh Chelsea II 4.Surya Paramount 5. Colonial Mills Montego 6. Surya Summit
For more inspiration from Kelly, follow along with her at Design Crush!
Copyright © Rugs Direct ®