To buy the perfect cheap rug for your home, try our exclusive Rugs Directory. Simply enter a description of a rug (color, style, shape, theme, etc.) and click
Tips on Decorating with Cheap Rugs
When you buy cheap rugs you are inexpensively affording yourself one of the easiest ways to revitalize, update, improve and beautify any room in your home. Buy cheap rugs to turn a drab room into one full of color. Or you can use cheap rugs to create a focal point or define an area of interest. Use cheap rugs to add warmth to otherwise cold tiles, stone or concrete floors. Buy cheap rugs to protect hardwood floors or wall-to-wall carpeting. And when you buy the right cheap rugs you can tie together all of a room’s décor elements.
And the best place to buy cheap rugs is Rugs Direct. We are the nation’s leading source for area rugs and offer you thousands of choices in a wide variety of styles, colors, shapes and themes. We provide free shipping to the contiguous United States, a 30-day risk-free in-home trial and an incredible 150% price match policy. At Rugs Direct we guarantee your satisfaction! So when you are in the market for cheap rugs, always think of Rugs Direct.
You should buy cheap rugs because they are extremely versatile and can serve numerous purposes in your home. Whether you are decorating your living room, family room, bedroom, kitchen, hallway or patio, there’s a cheap rug that is right for you. Unlike wall-to-wall carpet, which is normally best kept rather neutral, you can use cheap rugs to bring colorful patterns and designs into your room without overwhelming it. Plus, unlike carpeting, you can use cheap rugs to change with the seasons – or your mood – and cheap rugs are yours to keep should you move.
If you are lucky enough to have wooden floors in your home, cheap rugs are a perfect compliment. With a little care your wooden floors will last forever. They don’t collect allergens the way carpet does, are easy to clean and provide a perfect background for a beautiful cheap area rug. But even if you have wall-to-wall carpeting you can still make use of cheap rugs. Simply place them in high-traffic areas to protect the carpet or buy cheap rugs to tie a seating area together. You can even put cheap rugs on the walls to create an interesting display!
The Importance of Using a Quality Rug Pad
Experts in the home décor industry all agree that every cheap rug you buy requires a good-quality rug pad underneath it. Not only does this promote safety in your home by preventing the rug from slipping, it also increases the life of your area rug and makes it much easier to regularly vacuum. Never use tape or adhesive to anchor an area rug you buy to your floor or carpeting. This can easily damage both the floor and your cheap rug.
The Miracle Hold Plus rug pads we sell at Rugs Direct come with a 10-year warranty. They are guaranteed not to mar, stain or discolor the floor and to hold the cheap rug you buy securely in place. They come in a variety of sizes and are reversible for use on either bare floors or carpeting. Also, most area-rug manufacturers require that their product be placed on top of a quality rug pad in order to validate their warranty against defects in workmanship.
Remember, every cheap rug you buy needs a pad. Click here to see the high-quality, 10-year Miracle Hold Plus rug pads available from Rugs Direct.
Useful Information About Cheap Rugs
The decision to buy cheap rugs has found favor among homeowners mainly because many newer houses feature floor surfaces such as tile and hardwood. To maintain seasonal styles, you can buy cheap rugs to modify or change a room’s look throughout the year. The decision to buy cheap area rugs allows you to create a room within a room.
Finding high-quality, cheap area rugs is convenient, economical and simple at Rugs Direct. There are some things you should consider before making the decision to buy cheap rugs:
Although choosing a cheap area rug can seem confusing, here are some simple steps to follow:
- Use of the area rug - Determine how you will use the cheap rugs you buy. Are you using the cheap rug to protect a hardwood floor? Or perhaps to define spaces within a room? Is you goal to warm up – both literally and figuratively – tile flooring?
- Your existing home décor - Integrating the cheap rug you buy with your existing décor is essential. If the area rug will be your focal point, consider one with a central medallion. If the fireplace is the focal point, buy an area rug that has a repetitive pattern, minus the medallion. Choose a cheap area rug with a subtler pattern in the rug if your upholstery or wallpaper contains ornate patterns. Buy
a cheap rug with colors that coordinate with your décor. It's not necessary that all of the colors match, but at least one color should be in the same color family. Buy a light, cheap rug to make the room seem more spacious;
a dark one to create warmth.
- Mixing cheap rugs - Use different patterns within the same room as long as the colors coordinate. Go with cheap rugs of varying sizes to create interest and contrast.
Cheap Rugs at Rugs Direct
- For use under a coffee table, buy a 4' x 6' or 6' x 9' area rug. Table legs should stand within the rug. To accent furnishings, leave floor space between the rug and furniture.
- For use under a dining room table, buy a cheap rug that's at least eight feet wide. The chair legs shouldn't fall off the rug when people are seated at the table or when the chair is pulled out. To be sure of the size, measure the length and width of the table, and add at least four feet to each.
- For use in an entire room, an 8' x 11' rug typically works well. Try to leave an equal amount of flooring exposed on all sides as border.
Remember, there is no room in your home that will not benefit from the addition of a beautiful, new
cheap area rug. And the best place to shop for cheap rugs is the nation's leading source for area rugs, Rugs Direct. Explore our huge inventory and incredible prices by visiting our online showroom at