Whether you’re planning to spend Mother’s Day with your own mom, or are looking to honor another important mother in your life, spending quality time together is probably at the top of her wish list. Make her day extra-special with a small gathering at home, plus a themed gift to go with it. Will it be a backyard picnic, literary lunch, or champagne brunch? Get the party how-to’s and gift ideas for Mother’s Day straight ahead.
The backyard picnic is such a fun way to entertain — it’s simple, casual, and seems to put everyone in a good mood. Make your Mother’s Day picnic feel special by bringing some soft, comfortable items from home. Think fringed throws, striped outdoor rugs, and big cushions for leaning on. Keep the menu simple with baguette sandwiches, sparkling lemonade, and a few fresh veggie salads picked up from a local market. Plus something sweet for dessert, of course! And remember, if you don’t have a big backyard you can always meet at a nearby park.
Picnic-Themed Gift Ideas:
- Tasty treats and specialty ingredients from a local market
- Pretty tasseled blanket
- Wide-brim sun hat
- Garden-inspired jewelry or scarf
- Tickets to an outdoor theater or music event
- Digital projector for backyard movie nights
- Any of the above items, packed up in a picnic basket for mom to keep
Does your mom love to read? Embrace her passion for all things literary with a book-themed party! Decorate the table with stacks of books with pretty covers, make bookmarks to use as the place cards, and serve up fare inspired by a favorite novel (Jane Austen tea party, anyone?). To make the party really special, coordinate ahead of time with the other guests to gift your mom a photo book including pictures from everyone involved.
- A pretty edition of one of mom’s all-time favorite books
- Gift certificate to a local, independent bookshop
- A cute new bookbag
- A new mug and delicious tea so she can sip while she reads
- Book-themed jewelry
- An art print with a quote from a favorite literary heroine
And finally, you can never go wrong with a classic Mother’s Day brunch. Hosting brunch at home is lovely because you can linger over the table as long as you like — and it doesn’t have to be a lot of effort. If you’d prefer not to cook ten different dishes, no problem! Pick up doughnuts and pastries (or bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon) from the best shop in town, pile up bowls with heaps of beautiful fresh fruit, and pop a bottle of champagne. Then spend some of the time you didn’t spend cooking to print out childhood photos of each guest, and use them as place cards. What mom wouldn’t love that?
Brunch-Themed Gift Ideas:
- French press coffee set and a pound of really good coffee beans
- Passes for a sunrise yoga class that you can attend together
- A gorgeous new cookbook and recipe box
- Pretty tea towels and an apron
- French market basket and a date to walk to the farmer’s market together
- Bouquet of flowers in a lovely vase
- A bottle of bubbly
Mother’s Day Art Shopping Guide:
1.Timeless Endless Mother by Tara Moss; 2. Mother and Daughter by Cassandra Cushman; 3. Mother by Sherry DiPaolo Art; 4. Mother Nature’s Love by Sophia Rodionov; 5. You’re the Mom by American Flat; 6. Playing in the Water by Georgia Janisse.
For more inspiration from Laura, follow along with her at LauraGaskill.com!
Copyright © Rugs Direct ®Check Out My Google+ Page